–Norwegian/Swedish writer and film director
– American singer-songwriter and frontman of the Beach Boys (schizoaffective disorder)
– American artist and musician
– American comedian, actor on Saturday Night Live
– Australian concert pianist (schizoaffective disorder)
– American musician, singer of Bad Brains
– retired American actor who played Anakin Skywalker in The Phantom Menace
– Australian musician and member of the Sunnyboys.
– American drummer, member of Derek and the Dominos; killed his mother
– American author of I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (schizophrenic as teenager, recovered)
– American musician, member of Babes in Toyland (schizoaffective disorder)
– American actor; diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
– American musician
– British painter and punk musician: singer, lyricist and guitarist of Rudimentary Peni (schizoaffective disorder)
– American rock musician, founder of The 13th Floor Elevators
– Australian writer
– German art historian and cultural theorist. Diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
– Daughter of French writer Victor Hugo; her story is told in the film The Story of Adele H.
– Swiss painter
– Canadian American abstract painter
– Swiss painter
– French dramatist, poet, essayist, actor, and theatre director, creator of Theatre of Cruelty
– Brazilian outsider artist. (1909–1989)
– American artist’s model and film actress, “America’s First Supermodel”
– German painter
– American pin-up model
– American jazz pianist.
– American pioneering jazz musician
– American jazz double bassist.
– French sculptor of the 19th century
– American murderer and folk rock musician
– American Hollywood flapper actress and “It Girl” of the 1920s
– German judge, writer, and notable patient of Freud
– German avantgarde-painter
– French Canadian poet
– American musician, member of The Ronettes
– Russian painter and microbiologist.
– American Hollywood actress, varyingly diagnosed with schizophrenia, bipolar psychosis, split personality and depression
– American actress
– American ‘Clairvoyant’ poet.
– German drummer of power metal band Helloween
– German writer of the Sturm und Drang -movement of the 18th century.
– lead vocalist of American band Ramones
– English pianist and composer
– Russian poet of the 19th century
– Finnish poet and author
– British artist
– Slovenian composer
– American Punk icon and girlfriend of Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious.
– American rapper, one of the founding members of the Wu-Tang Clan
– German artist and architect
– Russian painter of the 19th century.
– American sci-fi author. Diagnosis is contested.
– American novelist, poet, and short story writer
– American writer and philosopher
– Swiss author. He was diagnosed with a catatonic schizophrenia.
– Swedish painter
– Swedish musician (was in Eurovision 1979)
– Hungarian painter.
– Russian ballet dancer, choreographer
– American Hollywood actress of the 1940s
– Dutch visual artist/painter (with schizophrenia and/or bipolar)
– American musician and artist.
– American musician. He was diagnosed with a paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
– American wife of writer F. Scott Fitzgerald; writer, dancer, and artist